He adds that if Docherty and Beaudry-Mellor lose in Regina, and if Chris Guérette fails to win Saskatoon Eastview, it would leave Gordon Wyant as the lone liberal left in the party. FULL COVERAGE: 2020 Saskatchewan Election. Elections Saskatchewan's chief electoral officer tells us they're in need of … While the results in some ridings may be a foregone conclusion, there are a number of tight races. “I’m pretty confident (Meili’s) going to win that one, but that’s swung from one party to another,” says Farney. Poelzer says two other ridings to watch in Regina are Regina Coronation and Regina University. Greg Poelzer, a political scientist at the University of Saskatchewan, says of all the ridings to watch, Regina Walsh Acres is the most fascinating one. Greg Poelzer, a political scientist at the University of Saskatchewan, says of all the ridings to watch, Regina Walsh Acres is the most fascinating one. Farney said the Liberals ran a full slate in the last election but only have a few candidates this time around. He defeated Cam Broten, who was the NDP leader at the time, by 232 votes. Christian McCaffrey a long shot for Thursday night’s game vs. Read more: Ousted NDP candidate to run as independent in Regina Walsh Acres. Party column, but they’re the most likely seats outside the two big cities to swing, and that’s really important,” he said. FULL COVERAGE: 2020 Saskatchewan Election Two political experts say there are a number of ridings … When that happened, Morin announced she was running as an independent. But, it’s a possibility, but I think an unlikely one.”. “It’s a really good test, I guess, of how well the Sask. But, it’s a possibility, but I think an unlikely one.”. Party’s nominee, Daryl Cooper, stepped away over social media support for QAnon. In Saskatoon, Farney said Saskatoon Eastview had its own nomination controversy when the Sask. When Saskatchewan heads to the polls on Oct. 26, 61 MLAs will be elected and of those, at least 13 will be rookies. “That’ll be … the end of it… the Sask. “It’s always been competitive for the NDP and right now it’s showing that one will be competitive as well.”. In the last two provincial elections, the leaders of the party failed to win their seat — Dwain Lingenfelter in 2011 and Cam Broten in 2016. Party and NDP’s spending projections. “I’m not sure they’re going to switch out of the Sask. The Moose Jaw Wakamow riding is in play, according to Farney and Poelzer. Two political experts say there are a number of ridings to watch on election night. Party’s Tina Beaudry-Mellor won by just a few hundred votes in the 2016 election but she’s going up against Aleana Young for the NDP again. WATCH: Saskatchewan's election is Oct. 26 in the midst of a pandemic. The seat was won by the Saskatchewan Party in 2016. “The word on the street is they’re in for very tough battles, battles that they have a good chance of losing,” according to Poelzer. It was predictable — and preventable. When that happened, Morin announced she was running as an independent. Farney doesn’t see that happening this time. While the results in some ridings may be a foregone conclusion, there are a number of tight races. Saskatchewan election tracker 2020 — Here’s what the parties are promising, Saskatchewan Election 2020 Ridings to Watch, Mi’kmaq fisherman intends to fight federal charges alleging illegal lobster catch, China Gives Unproven Covid-19 Vaccines to Thousands, With Risks Unknown, Dr. Vladimir Zelenko leads a White House petition asking Dr. Fauci and 3 others be charged and brought to justice for “Crimes Against Humanity / Mass Murder” | Tech News | Startups News, Quebec breaks another record as over 1,200 people test positive for COVID-19 in 24 hours, Chinese coronavirus whistleblower Dr. Li-Meng Yan just published her second coronavirus scientific report: “SARS-CoV-2 Is an Unrestricted Bioweapon” | Tech News | Startups News, Analysis: As Trump flails and shows no ability to reset, some in GOP voice concerns. Polls are open for the 2020 Saskatchewan provincial election from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. (Elections Saskatchewan) comments. The Saskatchewan Party’s Lisa Lambert took Churchill-Wildwood by 883 votes, while Cory Tocher took Eastview by 942 votes for the Saskatchewan Party. Ousted NDP candidate to run as independent in Regina Walsh Acres. He defeated Cam Broten, who was the NDP leader at the time, by 232 votes. Buffalo Sabres’ Re-Signing Sam Reinhart Is a Sound Deal, Burnley v Tottenham Hotspur Live Commentary & Result, 26/10/2020, Premier League | Goal.com, Air Canada puts its all-business class jets on holiday routes, Stonehenge bombshell: Mystery of ancient monument deepens after DNA anomaly pinpointed, Virginia Military Institute Superintendent Resigns Amid Probe Into Racism Claims, US hospitals are preparing for the worst-case scenario as Covid-19 surges again, Fact check: Trump continues to falsely claim that spike in coronavirus cases is due to heightened testing, Jared Kushner Mocks Black Lives Matter Activists: They ‘Go On Instagram And Cry’, With Weakness Among Hispanic Voters, Biden Trails in Texas. Party will be a conservative party by any other name.”, Sign in or register for your free account. Read more: Elections Saskatchewan ‘strongly encourages’ but will not require masks at the polls. 54 new cases of COVID-19, North Central reports another 15, More possible COVID-19 exposures in Sask. “I’m pretty confident (Meili’s) going to win that one, but that’s swung from one party to another,” says Farney. Poelzer thinks a possibility exists for Meili to lose his seat. We strive to achieve the highest ethical standards in all that we do. Poelzer says two other ridings to watch in Regina are Regina Coronation and Regina University. Party and NDP’s spending projections. Farney is keeping an eye on Saskatoon Churchill-Wildwood and Saskatoon Eastview. I think it’s a real risk for Ryan Meili,” he says, adding the danger Meili faces is having to be everywhere in the province and not spending enough time in his own constituency. The NDP has been polling well in Regina so you’d expect them to surge a bit higher,” said Farney. The question NDP supporters face is whether to support the party or send a message, according to Poelzer. Party and NDP’s spending projections. “If I were Ryan Meili, I would be focusing on the competitive (ridings) where they have a chance. Why not make Election Day a national holiday? “That would be embarrassing for the NDP if they lost another leader during an election. I think that outcome’s pretty unlikely. Read more: Economist finds flaws in Sask. The NDP’s Vicki Mowat is seeking re-election in Saskatoon Fairview after winning the seat in a 2017 byelection. “That’ll be … the end of it… the Sask. “It would obviously be catastrophic for them to lose three leaders in a row. Help us to become independent in PANDEMIC COVID-19. “Because it’s not just Morin, a lot of the riding association and some people in the union movement moved with her,” says Farney. “That would be embarrassing for the NDP if they lost another leader during an election. “If you had asked anyone prior to this election which direction Regina Walsh Acre is going to go, you would have said for sure it’s going to go NDP,” says Poelzer, adding now the outcome is not as clear. FULL COVERAGE: 2020 Saskatchewan Election. David Buckingham is aiming to hold his Westview seat for the Saskatchewan Party. Share on Facebook; Share on Twitter; ... they say the Saskatchewan Party will most likely form government. Elections Saskatchewan is the province’s impartial, independent, election management body. 1316 Central AvenuePrince Albert, SKS6V 6P5, Phone: 306-763-7421Newsroom: 306-922-6397. While the results in some ridings may be a foregone conclusion, there are a number of tight races. He also mentioned Regina University could be an interesting riding because the Sask. “I think there is something to watch in case the NDP kind of starts to gain some momentum there,” says Farney. “If the NDP has a good outing, they’ll do well in those ridings and even move them over into their column,” says Farney. Poelzer says he is keeping his eye on Saskatoon Fairview and Saskatoon Westview. I think that outcome’s pretty unlikely. Poelzer says that under Brad Wall, the Saskatchewan Party was a true coalition of federal conservative and federal liberals. Read more: “Those are big ones that the NDP, if they are making ground in urban Saskatoon, those are almost must-wins to demonstrate that,” says Poelzer. “The word on the street is they’re in for very tough battles, battles that they have a good chance of losing,” according to Poelzer. Jim Farney, an associate professor of politics and international studies at the University of Regina, says vote splitting is possible. One expert opined that the future direction of the Saskatchewan Party is also in play. He said the Green Party and Buffalo Party could also pull votes one way or another. Lambert is running again while voters in Eastview will elect a new MLA after Tocher stepped down after winning a seat in the 2019 federal election. “Those two ridings, I think, are also important in terms of a future where the Sask. Both seats are currently held by the Saskatchewan Party — Mark Docherty in Coronation and Tina Beaudry-Mellor in University. “Those two ridings, I think, are also important in terms of a future where the Sask. Our newsroom abides by the RTNDA Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct and follows the Canadian Press Stylebook. © 2020 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc. Checkout latest world news below links : World News || Latest News || U.S. News. “It was a close race last time. Two political experts say there are a number of ridings to watch on election night. Party ends up going.”. And then I would, over the last two weeks, be spending half, literally half my time in my own riding.”, READ MORE: Saskatchewan election tracker 2020 — Here’s what the parties are promising. “If you had asked anyone prior to this election which direction Regina Walsh Acre is going to go, you would have said for sure it’s going to go NDP,” says Poelzer, adding now the outcome is not as clear. Given a mandate from the Legislative Assembly of Saskatchewan, it organizes, … Party ends up going.”. communities including Prince Albert, Saskatchewan election day: Voters go to the polls after four-week pandemic campaign, 'I'm going to enjoy it': Melfort City Manager embarking on new venture at Elk Ridge Resort, Black Lake Begins Harvest For First-Ever Community Garden, Outpouring of support for family of Stephanie Blais, Sentencing reserved for former First Nations' Chief convicted of fraud, BUH virtual golf tournament fundraiser a success, 14-year-old boy, 49-year-old man dead in Candle Lake shooting tragedy, 'The truck went poof, down': Biggar grandmother recalls slough rescue. Farney and Poelzer both say if that happens, the Saskatchewan Party could take the riding. This is your home for the 2020 Saskatchewan election, taking place on October 26, with predictions and results. When Saskatchewan heads to the polls on Oct. 26, 61 MLAs will be elected and of those, at least 13 will be rookies. Party versus the NDP is doing in Regina because it’s the same two candidates and obviously Beaudry-Mellor and Aleana Young have a lot of name recognition,” explained Farney. Read more: Moose Jaw Wakamow and Prince Albert Carlton were also on Farney’s lips as ridings to watch. Falcons? Both seats are currently held by the Saskatchewan Party — Mark Docherty in Coronation and Tina Beaudry-Mellor in University. Poelzer says he is keeping his eye on Saskatoon Fairview and Saskatoon Westview. One expert opined that the future direction of the Saskatchewan Party is also in play. Oct 26, 2020 12:03 PM. I think it’s a real risk for Ryan Meili,” he says, adding the danger Meili faces is having to be everywhere in the province and not spending enough time in his own constituency. Read more: “If I were Ryan Meili, I would be focusing on the competitive (ridings) where they have a chance. The seat was won by the Saskatchewan Party in 2016. Contribute to diligent Authors. Party will be a conservative party by any other name.”. The Saskatchewan Party’s Lisa Lambert took Churchill-Wildwood by 883 votes, while Cory Tocher took Eastview by 942 votes for the Saskatchewan Party.

Gatorade Stock, Anna Maria Taigi Pdf, Windows 10 Time Keeps Changing, Kilburn Hall Saskatoon Jobs, Office Cubicle Partition Shelf, Municipal Election Act 2018, Powerfully Built Robust Crossword Clue, Imo Acronym Insurance,