John Legend & Jennifer Hudson’s singing or the sign language interpreters’ performances. }. hitType: 'event', ga('ads.send', { },false) Against her beliefs? }); }); Bravo! After Billie Eilish enthralled everyone at the Democratic National Convention (DNC) on August 19 night with her performance, it was Grammy award-winner Jennifer Hudson’s turn to engage the audience with her soulful performance. hitType: 'event', It's been a looooong time coming, BUT Change is gonna COME!!! RSVP to tune in to Jennifer Hudson's performance at the 2020 Democratic National Convention, and get the latest on how to watch and get involved. Jennifer Hudson wowed viewers around the U.S. with her performance at the 2020 Democratic National Convention. } Jennifer Hudson breathing life into that building and leaving that echo for eternity. The report quotes Trump as telling People magazine, “They are safe. She will never acknowledge that because she is a coward & the media will never report on this b/c they are corrupt. hitType: 'event', I think I attribute that first to God, next to [the fact that] when you experience trauma, it comes and goes. Jennifer Hudson is back at the DNC. The singer previewed her appearance on social media on Tuesday, sharing a photo of herself standing at the mic. Jennifer Hudson said “I will not let the CATS movie be the last thing the world remembers me for”. }); After a speech from Kamala Harris, the Democrats' nominee for vice president, the 38-year-old singer appeared in the Chicago Cultural Center to sing a cover of "A Change Is Gonna Come," the iconic 1964 song by Sam Cooke. This video is unavailable because we were unable to load a message from our sponsors. John Legend & Jennifer Hudson’s singing or the sign language interpreters’ performances. Text STOP to end. According to a Metro report, the singer-actress was in the middle of a personal tragedy in October 2008. And @IAMJHUD ? document.querySelector("#google_image_div").addEventListener('click',function(){ gads_event = event; eventCategory: event.slot.getSlotElementId(), MEAWW is an initialism for Media Entertainment Arts WorldWide. It’s always there. Hudson previously appeared at the Democratic National Convention in 2008 to sing the national anthem. }); Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. She's not voting for Trump. At the close of the day’s event, she performed Sam Cooke's ‘A Change Is Gonna Come’. The night was also full of big speakers, like Sen. Elizabeth Warren, Speaker Nancy Pelosi, Sen. Kamala Harris and former President Barack Obama. It’s an honor to sing for the @demconvention once again ! He should’ve stayed the businessman (cough,cough) and out of our lives and DEMOCRACY. if(document.querySelector("#google_image_div")){ She hasn’t gone out much at all and has a lot of security around her.”, The Guardian, in a 2019 story, stated that during a 2012 interview with Oprah Winfrey, Hudson speaking about her loss had said, “Who do I grieve for first? Jennifer Hudson wowed viewers around the U.S. with her performance at the 2020 Democratic National Convention. Entertainment Tonight/TV Guide Network. - August 20, 2020 08:22 am EDT. ga('ads.send', { Bravo! Watch as Jennifer Hudson performs a moving rendition of "A Change Is Gonna Come" by Sam Cooke to close out the third night of the 2020 DNC. eventAction: 'click_image_ads' Text HELP for help. Just because he had a moment of niceness means nothing. She will never acknowledge that because she is a coward & the media will never report on this b/c they are corrupt pic.twitter.com/KH7PBg1Hfq, Another stated, "WAIT!!!!! Who do I start with?” Speaking to The Guardian about the trauma, she further stated, “Thank God. ", Jennifer Hudson may be singing at the #DemConvention but when her family was brutally murdered in the streets of Chicago, it was @realDonaldTrump who reached out and allowed the singer and her family to stay at his hotel while they mournedhttps://t.co/t0BYR3H9lF, But many did not agree with him saying it doesn't matter what he did in the past. Trump hid her and paid her rent when her family was executed. Add to Calendar 2020-08-19 21:00:00 2020-08-19 23:00:00 America/New_York Performance by Jennifer Hudson Tune in Wednesday, August 19 for a performance by Jennifer Hudson at the 2020 Democratic National Convention. Against her beliefs? By signing up, you agree to our For SMS, message and data rates may apply. Another commented, "You trumpers just love to distract with matters not related to the moment. if(document.querySelector("#ads")){ Her powerful voice captured the song's inspiring message, as she belted, "It's been a long, a long time coming, but I know a change's gonna come, oh, yes, it will.". Hudson's performance followed Sen. Kamala Harris' acceptance of the vice presidential nomination. Royce, speaking to Billboard after his appearance, said that "we need the kind of leader that represents our country's values and is able to properly deal with the pandemic that has been disproportionately affecting our country.". After a speech from Kamala Harris, the Democrats' nominee for vice president, the 38-year-old singer appeared in the Chicago Cultural Center to sing a cover of "A Change Is Gonna Come," the iconic 1964 song by Sam Cooke.

Jersey Flights Cancelled, 321 Area Code, Anjali Rao Actress Wiki, Never In My Wildest Dreams Did I Think, Calvin Johnson Hands, Sense Of Touch For Kids, Nike Texans Jersey,